The Catholic Women’s League of Canada was organized nationally June 17, 1920 and granted federal incorporation December 12, 1923. It is officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops as a lay association of women.
The League, the largest national association of Catholic women in Canada, seeks to unite Catholic women as a community striving for spiritual, cultural, and intellectual growth, and the development of social action.
The patroness of the League is the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of Good Counsel. The League’s crest, with its cross, unbroken circle and male leaves, is symbolic of constant service to God and Canada; its flag is a permanent, public symbol of faith, unity, and purpose.
The League meets annually in national convention. The National Council maintains a permanent national office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Today’s society poses many challenges, calling all of us who value human life to accept our responsibility. The League is the united voice of all Catholic women in Canada. Our organization is a true reflection of the opinions expressed on a variety of issues, studied and researched at the grassroots level, resulting in resolutions. Resolutions are presented annually to government as statements of concern and in keeping with our motto, “For God and Canada”